[TowerTalk] contesting

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj@ij.net
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:33:41 -0400

That sir is the beauty of making your competition be yourself....

As long as you compete with yourself you will always know that it wasn't
soup (I hope) or an antenna arsenal sent by the God Lotto that beat you.

Inequities will ALWAYS be there be they
geographic/economic/whatever....just keep trying to beat yourself and use
the results of others as a pointer as to what you have to improve - i.e.
"gee my multiplier really sucked in the NAQP last time, I better move mults
better this time"         <--------HINT HINT - EVERYBODY PSE MOVE FOR ME
NEXT MONTH :-)

Keep challenging yourself, increase your own proficiency...and eventually
you will be a world class operator who is able to sit down at some aluminum
arsenal one day and oddly enough not only will you have your own best score
but you will cream all the other guys, too.

73,

Jim, K4OJ

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm