[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G or 45G?

Stan Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
14 Jul 1998 17:06:13 -0000

Hi Robert,

With all due respect, you make it sound like there is only one "proper way"
to guy a Rohn tower and that is the way pictured in the Rohn Catalog.  Rohn
suggests ONE way that they have calculated to be safe for a particular load
and wind speed.  I am sure there are dozens of other ways that may even be
safer and will hold much more antenna load than Rohn says you can put on any
particular height of tower they have shown in thier catalog.  For example,
what kind of load could you put on a 25G, 120 feet high, guyed every 20 feet
with six sets of guys?  I certainly don't know, but I'll bet its a lot more
than Rohn says you can put on 120 feet of 25G with the guying plans they
show in the catalog.  You would need a PE to help figure it out (at least, I
would.)  Don't try this at home without some REAL GOOD help.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

PS   I agree that the side arms also make a difference . . .