[TowerTalk] FAA stuff

Robert W5AJ w5robert@blkbox.com
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 01:21:45 -0500

We have 2 pieces of equipment where I work that require lighting.
Note lighting.  It does not have to be on the tower.  We did a study and
put flood lights down where we could work on them on one "tower" (it's a
FLARE and you can't climb it except once every two years when we are off
line!)   FAA approved, etc.

Another item I found of interest is to call the FAA and ask them what they
do if you call in and report your lights are off.  (you do have their
number right there in the shack in case this happens?) You need to properly
follow the rules & light the tower regardless....

73  Robert