[TowerTalk] Opinions on tower install.

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 00:59:11 EDT

In a message dated 98-07-19 21:44:14 EDT, k2fr@juno.com writes:

> First idea is to put the tower next to the house (one story) and brace it
>  to the roof with either Rohn brackets or have some made.  This connect
>  would be at about 12 or 13 feet.  The rest of the tower would be free
>  standing.  Any ideas about the antenna load this would take?
>  I still have a TH7, but have thought of going to a Force 12 C3 to lessen
>  the load.

      You need the Rohn pamphlet "Manufacturer's Technical Information for
Bracketed or Self Supporting Towers". It'll answer all your questions. It's
FREE from Champion Radio Products. Go to http://www.championradio.com for more
info.

      Monroe County is a 70 MPH windspeed zone.

      Get a copy of K1KP's excellent article on installing a bracketed tower
that appeared in QST. A reprint is a buck from Tower Tech, Box 572,
Woodinville, WA, 98072.

>  The second idea is to roof mount 2 sections of tower (18) feet  and try
>  to guy it to the roof.  Has anyone tried this?

     Sure. Just be sure to engineer it like it was ground mounted.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC

Champion Radio Products