[TowerTalk] Rotor identification query

Jan L. Ditzian ditzian@greenepa.net
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:39:02 -0400

I have a rotor that I would appreciate help in identifying.

I have a rotor that has a control box that says CDE.  The box is
almost identical with a T2X control box, but it has a metal
casing, the top of which is black and the bottom of which is
beige, and the case looks like it was designed in the fifties.
Controls are identical to a T2X except for a rotary on/off
instead of a bat handle.

It uses an eight-wire control cable, and the brake thunks like a
T2X.  The grey rotor case is slightly narrower and lighter than a
T2X, with only four screws holding the top and bottom together,
where the T2X has six.

I would appreciate information on this rotor.  I was told it was
a CDX, but I have no idea what that means.  I would like to know
what the turning and braking ratings are (just a square foot of
antenna spec would be fine).

Thank you,
Jan, KX2A