[TowerTalk] Antenna Comparisons

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:32:48 -1000

Tom wrote:

>     The first antenna was an elevated 20 meter ground plane with the
>base about 10 feet in the air.  It seemed to work real well as worked
>some good stuff on it.  Not being satisfied, I took it down and put up a
>delta loop at about 30 feet.  It didn't work nearly as well as the
>elevated 20 meter G.P. with 4 radials.  I've seen posts on the reflector
>about elevated GP's but I didn't think the elevated GP would work that
>much better than the delta loop.  I think I'll raise the verticals I
>have here and see if they work better.  73

They will,  Tom.  Mine,  all seven of them!,  work better up about 10
to 12 feet on Radio Shack push up poles.  I can push them up
a bunch more,  and just might,  hi.  I also have only 4 elevated
90 degree radials on each,  sloping down toward the ground,  but
terminating a few feet above ground.  They all,  160 up through
10 meters are great performers.  They are all Bob Meyers',
W1XT.  Gladiators. Super monoband verticals!  A customer,  not
a business partner of Bob's, hi.

73,  Jim,  KH7M