[TowerTalk] Re: 920 MHz amp

stan stan@capeonramp.com
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 23:10:24 -0400

Hello Bart,

I have a few 900 Mhz cell phone solid state RF power amplifiers.
I believe they are for 24 to 28 VDC. These are commercial quality
and were intended to be power up all of the time with high duty cycle.

Decibel Products model DBPSPKO-G
Decibel Products model DBPO45DO1B-G, 45W, 27 VDC
AT&T Autoplex power amplifier model J41650FB-2L2
Decibel Products model WP91998L1-A amplifier

My original plan was to series and parallel (sum) a few together
for more suds on the 902-928 Mhz ham band and mount up on my tower,
close to my antennas...

Unfortunately I have more projects, than I have time for ( them)....

I suspect they are class C but may be rebiased to Class AB,
or possible run at lower power levels, that may have better linearity
for SSB.

All are the same shape, size with massive heatsink, and interface
connection
for status, RFin and out, and power connections in 1 connector.

Most have a circulator or BPF in the RF input and RF output for the
lower cellular band but I believe I can get reasonable power at 903 Mhz.

I would bypass the circulators/BPF if attenuation was too great at 903.

These are untested but complete, no documentation, no charred boards.

Priced to move at 75$ each,
plus you pay for shipping and handling estimated at 10-20$ each (UPS
ground).

If you are interested,  respond to:  stan@capeonramp.com

If anyone has actual performance test data or mods so these units will
satisfy Bart's
application, let us know

Stan WA1ECF   Cape Cod, MA  FN41sr