[TowerTalk] TA33 FEED SUMMARY

MAERTZ, ALLISON R amaertz@oppd.com
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 08:42:32 -0500

Greetings:

I wish to thank everyone who took the time to respond to my query
regarding feeding the TA-33 tribander.  The overwhelming consensus is
to:
	a. build a coax balun consisting of  6-8 turns on 6 inch
diameter of RG-213;
	b. use ferrite beads on the feedline near the beam;
	c. use a commercial current balun such as W2DU.

The major concern is the potential interference (TVI, etc) generated
from matching the balanced load with an unbalanced feedline, which of
course is minimized with the use of the balun or beads. This is not
addressed in the instructions from Mosley I have (vintage 1970).

Thanks also to Mark for providing a few extra pointers on checks to make
prior to installing the beam.

What a great reflector!

Reid