[TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing Problem...maybe

Larry R. Babb babblarr@cwis.isu.edu
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 15:39:53 -0600

The capacitor is an excellant suggestion.  I had an older rotator that I
keep for Field Day, and took the bell off, greased it, cleaned it up,
etc, and it would not start.  (this is on the bench)..  Changed control
boxes and worked like new.  Problem is the starting capacitor, which is
located in the control box.  You need to know that these are AC motor
starting
capacitors.. not something that I had laying around the shack, and I
ordered mine from HyGain.
73  de larry