[TowerTalk] 204BA dimensions

George Cutsogeorge w2vjn@rosenet.net
Sat, 25 Jul 1998 19:10:22 -0700

I have a couple of 204BAs which will be stacked, fixed on JA.  There are 3
sets of dimensions that I have.  The original set from 1966 which worked
rather well for me for years.  There is a set sent to me from Hy-Gain a
couple of years ago when I rebuilt the original antenna.  There are several
settings with this batch, including low CW which is what I want.  Then
there is a set in the new ARRL Antenna Handbook with no explanation of
performance.  The two newer sets have different element placement as well
as different length element tips.

What has been the experience of people on the reflector?  Is there any
really clear preference?  I did model the 204 some years ago and decided
that it was extremely close to an optimum design with the original numbers.

George
w2vjn@rosenet.net