[TowerTalk] Soldering connectors

Edward W. Sleight k4sb@mindspring.com
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 17:29:18 -0400

Well, I've got to be one of the worst in the world at this. PL-259s whimper
when I pick them up. But one thing which has improved my work is a Dremel
tool with a carbide blade on it. Believe me, when it cuts through the tinned
shield, it cuts it square and doesn't
leave any "inward" tags of shield. And it's relatively easy to cut through
the dielectric almost to the inner conductor, and then twist it off.

Incidentally, I've just converted to Windows 98, so please let me know if my
EMAIL is
not formatted properly. Still haven't found out how to make the damn thing
stop quoting
every message when I reply. ( NetScape Comm 4.5 )

73

Ed