[TowerTalk] Gamma matching assistance needed

Mike no6x@inreach.com
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 03:06:53 +0100

In the process of talking with a friend of mine we came to the conclusion
that the only way he was going to work anything on the WARC bands was to
have a WARC band antenna...Brilliance, I know!

SO I got to thinking and playing with Yagimax last night and I came up with
a solution for his problem, or at least the program says so.

The Building is not a problem, the matching is where I need help. I have
never built a gamma match before.

I have ran the numbers through the computer to get the correct Gamma rod
length and capacitance value needed.

So here it goes... the tough part.

Can't I just remove some of the outer insulation and shield, leaving just
the center conductor and inner insulation and slip it inside of the gamma
rod (of the right ID of course) to the appropriate length to create my
capacitance. Then just attach the shield of the coax to the boom. ??????

Or is there a better less headache, less hassle way of doing this that I am
over looking?

Mike...NO6X