[TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing set screw and Loctite

Kurt Andress ni6w@yagistress.minden.nv.us
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:41:35 -0700

Stan Griffiths wrote:

> I received 5 new TB3s today in a shipment from Rohn and I noticed that once
> they had the bearing set screw in place, they hit the threads in the
> aluminum portion of the bearing with a punch in an attempt to keep the set
> screw in place.  This may work just fine . . .
>
> Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

 Stan,
Thanks for the info. This should work fine. Maybe, the one you had problems with in
the past was missed during manufacture. I guess the word for the day is for all who
get one of these bearing to check it to ensure that it has been punched.
73, Kurt

--
YagiStress - The Ultimate Software for Yagi Mechanical Design
Visit http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/yagistress