[TowerTalk] RADIALS ?

Rod Greene w7zrc@micron.net
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 06:32:36 -0600

Joe,

In 1980 I constructed an 80 mtr 4 sq. out of some old
aluminum pole sections. The radials were in the ground
approx. 1 inch. The radials were all in the center of
the 4 sq. because that's were I originally had a single
vertical. I had (and still have) 100 radials all at least
60' long in a classic fan configuration. Very few extended
outside of the 4 sq. This setup worked very well and I
made lots of long path, Asian and short path Q's and
broke lots of pile ups with it. BTW, the phasing box
was home brewed right out of the QST article(s) and
also worked very well. You'll have lots of fun with your
4 sq.  73, Rod