[TowerTalk] remote antenna switch

Kenneth D. Grimm grimm@lynchburg.net
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 16:39:59 -0400

Jepilot@aol.com wrote:

> After many years of faithful service my Heathkit  remote, mast mounted antenna
> selction switch finally bit the dust.  So I am in the market for a
> replacement.  The MFJ unit is the most advertised and I believe it uses a set
> of relays to select the desired antenna unlike the Heathkit unit which uses a
> rotary switch driven by a step motor.  What choices  other than the MFJ unit
> are available?  Any directions to web pages, etc. would be helpfuf.  What is
> the experience of users of the MFJ switch?  Thanks for all comments and
> advice.  73  Jan Rehler, W5KNZ, Corpus Christi, Tx.

Have a look at the Antenna Mart switches at
http://www.aaow.com/mgs/antenna.htm

I'm not sure what these cost today, but I do know that my original from
W0MLY is still working just as well today as it did 20 years ago when I
installed it.  The Ledex rotary actuator and the heavy duty switch
wafers inside an evironmentally tight box make this sort of a
top-of-the-line switch.

Ken K4XL
grimm@lynchburg.net
Boatanchor Manual Archive - ftp://bama.sbc.edu