[TowerTalk] Comments on Lighting from a non-expert

Lee Buller k0wa@southwind.net
Wed, 03 Jun 1998 08:35:10 -0500

Isn't it the goal of a good installation NOT to get hit by a lighting bolt?
That is my goal.  Gee, for years farmers have had lighting rods on the barn.
Why not towers?

And...if you do get hit...something is gonna fry.  Facts of life!  Lighting
is fickle, like a tornado, you never know what it will do.  We do know that
if you get hit then there will be damage.  I guess being a fatalist isn't
fashionable.  That is why we have insurance.

Let me ask this.  What about the EMP of a lighitng strike.  Anyone have a
close lighting strike, say a block or two away, and lose CMOS?

Lee
k0wa@southwind.