[TowerTalk] Measurring at the antenna feedpoint

Eric Gustafson Courtesy Account n7cl@mmsi.com
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:30:01 -0700

Paul,

Unless the Autek measurment port is balanced, I suspect that you
were having problems trying to measure an essentially balanced
antenna structure with an unbalanced instrument.  This had the
effect pf making the instrument and probably the operator part of
the antenna system.  You might want to try the measurement at the
antenna with a good 1:1 balancing device in line between the
instrument and the antenna.

73, Eric  N7CL