[TowerTalk] Trying to decide tower type

Pat Chiles chilesp@intrepid.net
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 05:53:51 -0400

I would appreciate some feedback on the following questions.  I am trying to
make a decision on the type of tower that I will put up for my retirement.
I have most things figured out, but lack experience with the following.

I want to put up atleast a 70 foot crank-up or Rohn 45G with a TH7DX and
402CD. For those who hate crank-ups, my xyl hates guys wires even more.

1.  Is there an alternative guy point solution other than the 4x4x4 holes and
    cement slab called for by the Rohn manual?  i.e screw ins????

2.  How does one unload an 1800 lbs of crank-up from the truck?  Is the truck
    a flatbed or enclosed?  Would like to hear from those who have done it.

Thanks,

Pat, K8PC
                                             |Life is always walking up to  |
                                    /\       |us and saying, "Come on in the|
          """                     /   \      |living is fine", and what do  |
        [ o o ]            /\   /      \     |we do?  Back off and take it's|
        \  V  /          /   \/         /\   |picture.  -Russell Baker-     |
Pat Chiles       Internet: Chilesp@intrepid.net    Amateur Radio Calls: K8PC