[TowerTalk] Looking for N9NB 160 article

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 01:12:27 -0400 (EDT)

My first attempt at an antenna for 160 was the N9NB transmission line
antenna.  He was a Prof at Indiana U at the time.  His article was in either
73 or ham radio.  I thought I remembered a reference in the ON4UN
book but no luck and the ARRL antenna book references it as page 53 but
since its not QST they list the date as 00/00 for MMYY. (hey a Y2K problem??)

He said the antenna worked well in receive and transmit, but I never had any
TX luck but it worked for 3 years as a receiving antenna with the Big L. Its
much quieter than the low full wave loop or even the AB0X shielded loop I
have been using.  I gotta stay away from too much wire due to intermod and a
big L ot T in the back yard with the N9NB antenna in the front made from
small black plastic covered wire (almost invisible) could be an answer.

Anybody know the issue this article appeared?

73 Dave K4JRB
thompson@mindspring.com

DXing and Contesting from 1/2 acre lot