[TowerTalk] Crank-up Horror Stories...

Michael S. Mitchell, W6RW w6rw@earthlink.net
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:27:13 -0700

Mike Meehan wrote:

> Hi Tower Talkers,
>
> *** Please help if you can, this could make a difference at my antenna
> hearing ***
>
> I am going before the full planning commission in my town at the end of
> July and would like to get stories about misfortunes and failures of
> telescopic crank-up towers.
>
> My little town let me submit plans and computations for two guyed rohn
> towers. On the day of the first administrative hearing, they imposed a
> condition on my permit where only crank-up towers could be used.
>
> So I next applied for a minor modification for the use of fixed
> structures which was denied.
>
> So now I am trying to build a stronger case for the use of fixed guyed
> towers. They do not seem to understand the concept of leverage, so maybe
> some horror stories could sway them.
>
> As usual, I will summarize the responses.
>
> Kindest Regards,
>
> -Mike Meehan, W6MM <www.hp.com/go/hpeesof>
>
> --
Hi Mike....by the way....you got the call that I wanted...HI HI!

First of all......HIRE AN ATTORNEY!!!!!

Next.....don't ever talk about horror stories....you may end up
with no tower permit at all....forcing you into some sort of
legal action.....your crank up horror stories may also ruin
the chances of the next ham that comes along that WANTS a crank
up tower.

Good luck and keep us posted....also you might want to put something
out on the Ham Law reflector.....

73 es cul de Mike Mitchell/W6RW