[TowerTalk] Vertical?

Rick Bullon kc5ajx@hotmail.com
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 02:51:48 GMT

I have a Butternut as my only antenna. I used it for quite a while with
NO radials, it worked fine but it swr were a little high. I have seen it
bent over passed 45 degrees in a storm and it came right back to
vertical after the storm passed.
  I can say it works FB on 10 meters as I am a Tech+ and work 10 SSB all
the time.
  I have just recently put 4 radials cut for 10 meters on mine and the
swr is flat on 10. I also used it on the MARS nets just above 4 MHZ with
a tuner.
  Bottom line it is durable simple and works with no or minimal radials.
73
Rick
KC5AJX