[TowerTalk] Stacking & Phasing KT34XA's

Jay O'Brien w6go@quiknet.com
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 10:38:48 -0700

DavidC, AA1FA, wrote:

> Can two KT34XA's be combined if on different towers at different heights?
> The towers will be about 50 feet apart I believe.

Yes, and they will work fine if pointed in two different directions,
like one to JA and the other to EU.   The feedlines may be of random
length.  However, if you expect to get stacking gain with them pointed
in the same direction, you are (usually) out of luck.  That's when you
need them on the same tower and with matched feedlines.

Be sure to change out all the plastic caps and update the antennas to
the latest 'vent hole in the small tubing' configuration.  You will be
happy with the antennas.  Good luck!

73, Jay
    w6go@quiknet.com