[TowerTalk] TH3jr

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 11:32:49 EDT

In a message dated 98-06-14 10:36:47 EDT, kc8cca@iserv.net writes:

> I just got an old beat up TH3jr.  I have cleaned it up (with steel wool
>  and digging silicone out of the ends of the traps) and replaced the trap
>  caps.  Is there any other hints for refurbishing this and or any other
>  ideas I should do prior to installing it.

      Be sure to use an antioxidant like Penetrox or NoAlOx wherever you have
an aluminum-to-aluminum joint. It'll insure electrical continuity and
reliability. Try your local hardware store or electrical supplier. It'll say
on the tube what materials are suitable (most are copper-to-copper and copper-
to-aluminum as well as the al-to-al).

> I am going to mount it on top
>  of my house on a "chimmy" mount.  It will be approx. 33' from the
>  ground.   I got it for $25 and am excited about finally getting a "beam"
>  is the air as all I have used thus far is Wires and Verticals.

      Have a ball!

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC