[TowerTalk] SINGLE OP 2 RADIOS

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj@ij.net
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 07:30:22 -0400

Since you do it CW - I've not done 2 radios in a contest (yet)
but suspect it's time to give it a try.

It is a whole 'nother world - one that I do NOT think I could NOT live in
now that I have lived there for a while...

I have not understood how the computer knows which freq. data to read -
radio 1 or 2??

			Good question.......un-obvious answer.........

I also use two networked computers......this allows me to type in the
oddball callsign, or bits and pieces of an SS exchange and have them
"pre-loaded" ready for when the timing is right with my run rate for me to
dump in my call.....this also adds the wonderful feature of a backup of
your contest log.

If I'm running on 10 meters and then make a QSO on 2nd radio on 40
how does the log program know to log that QSO as 40?

Seein g as it was on the second rig, and hence the second computer -whose
logging software is on 40 all is "known".....

Do you realize how much time you spend listening to yourself call CQ in a
single radio contest?  Imagine instead using that down time to find new
multipliers or even QSOs on Sunday!

73,

Jim, K4OJ

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm