[TowerTalk] Does insurance pay the ham owner/installer?

Rick Mainhart mainhart@juno.com
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 17:16:28 -0400

What you are describing is inadequate project management, not incompetent
professionals (although the cable installer may well have been lazy!).

You need to SPECIFY what you expect, INSPECT what was delivered, and
AUTHORIZE PAYMENT only after the work is completed to your
specifications.

Afterthoughts and "gee, I forgot about ... " doesn't make it any more in
this arena than it does when you take your car in for a tuneup and
discover "well, we kinda had to replace the transmission AND engine".

If you can't find folks in your immediate area who can do the work to
your specifications, contact Steve or Skip (or anyone else here on the
reflector in that line of work) to schedule the work or assist you in
writing the specs and identifying the appropriate contractor(s).

TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
(Robert Heinlein)

73,

Rick,  WB3EXR

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:12:48 -0400 (EDT) "Charles H. Harpole"
<harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu> writes:

>Got directly contradictory replies:  some said insurance will pay the
>owner/reinstaller and others said not (but WOULD pay a third party
>installer).
>I like the idea of a pro installer, but have never seen that kinda guy
>install as well or as carefully as the owner/ham---  especially if the
>"pro installer" is not a ham.
>I remember the cable guy kicking dirt and grass blades over the cable
>tv
>drop in my back yard and calling it "installed."  And, then there was
>the
>hand-twisted-together and taped coaxial cable splice out there.
>73, K4VUD
>

>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]