[TowerTalk] city council horror

Bob Wanderer aa0cy@nwrain.com
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 20:58:22 -0700

Actually, had George and his friends been around today, the
revolution would never have occurred! Too apathetic.

Still in all, the Revolution was fought by the poor at the behest
of the rich, who were the only folks to benefit from "freedom."
Remember, in those days only the landed gentry had "rights"
and could vote, run for office etc. This country is not a democracy,
it is a republic (and there IS a big difference between the two).

Well, I'd go on but I have to get ready for my militia meeting (not).
79 (73 + tax)
Bob AA0CY

----------
From:  K4SB[SMTP:k4sb@mindspring.com]
Sent:  Wednesday, June 24, 1998 1:59 AM
To:  K7LXC@aol.com
Cc:  shurst@magiclink.com; csus04@lmpsil02.comm.mot.com; towertalk@contesting.com; dlambert@spd.dsccc.com
Subject:  Re: [TowerTalk] city council horror

K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

> Whoa, Easy, big fellah. With that attitude you'd wind up with LESS
> than  zero. THEY hold all the cards. THEY tell you what is possible. > > THEY levy fines. THEY issue building permits.
>
>       YOU got squat.
>
> Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC

Think I'm going to take issue with Steve's comments here. I seem to
remember a time in our history when "we" got fed up with "they" and
kicked the s... out of them. And that time seems to be rolling around
again...

We can hang together, or separately, but we sure will hang unless
someone says "Enough" And that is going to have to be in a Federal
Court. We can delay the day by "negotiations, reviews" or whatever
else you want to call it. But every time we give in, we give up a little
more..

73

Ed