[TowerTalk] I promise , my last words on the subject !!!!

Steve Hurst shurst@magiclink.com
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:58:24 -0600

Tower Gang,

	This is positively the last you will hear from me on this subject !  I
thought that Dave ( W0FLS ) said that he had had his tower up for two years
. During construction of his house and tower, he had had building
inspectors come on his site to inspect his house and had asked about the
tower ? Being told from county inspectors that there was no need for such a
permit, no laws on the books. Then two years later , someone shows up
saying he needs a permit for said tower and engineering data ! Right ?
	I fully understand the reason why such permits and CC & R's are in place.
I just can't understand how the county can change the laws and then go
around looking for folks ( such as Dave ) who never received the permit
because there was no law at that time requiring one. He even made a point
of asking about it and was told he did'nt need one. Yes , $62.00 is very
cheap to get someone off your back. But where to we draw the line ? Also
gang, if you knew me , you would know that some of my posts to reflectors
is meant with a little humor, lifes to short to be so serious all the time.
So look for the smiley faces in my posts. That indicates something I
thought was funny  !
	Also the comments by Steve , K7LXC, were very true. It's sad that we have
given away some ( not all ) of our property rights to the counties , so
that they can regulate us to death ! But no one want's a junk yard next
door do they ? All you guys made sence , its a tough battle. No one said
life was easy did they ??? :-)    See , there's that smiley face !!!  :-)
	Ok .....now onto tower talk !!!!  Great list BTW !!  Just FYI , I'm going
to be putting up a tower soon . And appreciate all the great brains out
there giving helpful tips and tricks to getting up a good system. I've got
ten flat acres for the "farm". Am I going to check for a building permit ?
As they say in Idaho .....  " You Bet" !!!  :-)

73,
Steve Hurst
KA7NOC  ( southern Idaho )
http://www.magiclink.com/web/shurst
shurst@magiclink.com

" I'm cooler than you are. Why don't you fix your little problem and light
this candle ?"
Alan B. Shepard

Hurst <shurst@magiclink.com>