[TowerTalk] new topic

Rick Dougherty NQ4I NQ4I@compuserve.com
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:45:28 -0400

Hi all...this past week the wife and I were on the train from London to
Manchester...as we approached the town of Rugby, I could see that there
were 8 fairly tall towers in the distance...as we neared the site of these
towers, there were indeed 8 large towers over 400 ft in height and they had
a wire strung from each...didn't appear to be a rhombic though...well there
were a lot more than 8 towers...as the train breezed by I could see
hundreds of smaller towers/arrays...it appeared that they were like 8
square arrays, and there was over 30 sites with what looked like 8 towers
per site...didn't see any other ahm type antennas in my visit to
England...but needless to say I was really impressed with what I saw at
Rugby...any of our UK Bretheren care to expound on what I had seen??

de Rick NQ4I

ps the rebuilding of antennas at NQ4i is starting soon...