[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G or 45G?

Mmoon3@aol.com Mmoon3@aol.com
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 19:35:11 EDT

Greetings all.  Newbie to the list.  I'm Mark N3AVA/0 in Cedar Rapids, IA.

I'm contemplating a 60' tower with about 15 sq. ft of load in my residential
back yard.  Want to use only 1 set of guys with torque arm and earth screw
anchors.  I'm worried about high winds and surviveability.  I am trying to
justify more than 2x price difference between 25 and 45.  What do you
recommend?  For reference, I had a BX64 tower back in VA with 1 set of guys at
the top, and bunch of Telrex HF beams, so I'm not new to towers.
73,
Mark