[TowerTalk] KT-34XA rebuild problems..answers rcvd

Ron Youvan ka4inm@gte.net
Thu, 16 Jul 98 20:32:13 PDT

Hi:
  I am rebuilding a KT34A and am going another route.
Based on the saying: "every hole in aluminum tubing weekens it"
I am changing from aluminum straps to stainless steel
straps held on with 100% stainless steel hosebands.
I bend an L in the end of the band and mash the bend flat
I put the end under the added band (after buffing with a
`scotch brite' and adding ANTI-OX (Pentrox) then I thighten it up.
Then I have the other end bent over and use another hoseband.
I have only done the balun/gamma match area now, I ran
out of funds, but today was payday!

      73  de Ron ka4inm@qsl.net    Best Regards
  VISIT my HAM WEB SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm/
VISIT my OTHER WEB SITE at: http://home1.gte.net/ka4inm/