[TowerTalk] C4XL or X9 with A3WS

K7LXC K7LXC@aol.com
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 11:54:12 EST

In a message dated 98-03-04 10:22:17 EST, i0jbl@enea.pnra.it writes:

<< My antenna setup is now a single tower 60' with TH6DXX and A3WS top of the
mast
 about 70' over ground level.
 I am considering to replace the TH6DXX with a new antenna as X9 Cush or C4XL.
 I had the opportunity to test the C4XL installed in HV4NAC (tnx W6OTC and
K6AW)
 and the performances are great except 18 and 24 MHz.
 I am looking for suggestion about the possible interference between C4XL and
A3WS
 and for someone that are planning (or using) a similar system with 4 band
antenna
 at the tower end topped with warc band antenna.
 Information about X9 also will be very apricieted. >>

Hi, Luke --

      There may be no appreciable advantage to the C-4XL over the TH6. If you
want 18 and 24 mHz capabilities, I would recommend the TH11 which is a better
performer than the TH6. I don't have tested numbers yet but I suspect that
this will be the case.

73,  Steve  K7LXC