[TowerTalk] prop pitch rotators

Stan Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 23:23:07 -0800 (PST)

 Now all
>you need is the power supply for the 28 vdc motor and a mast clamp of some
>sort.

>73,  Steve  K7LXC

I run AC on mine, about 35 volts.  What I did for a mast clamp is to insert
a hard steel pin (about 1/2 to 5/8 inch in diameter, can't remember exactly,
but it just fits the existing holes) through a couple of existing holes in
the short tube that already protrudes from the prop pitch motor.  I tapped
both ends of the pin for about a #8 screw and installed about a one inch
diameter plate over the outside of both ends of the pin to keep it centered.
I then notched the end of my mast to fit snuggly over the pin and had a
piece of aluminum machined to fit just inside the prop pitch tube and just
over the outside of the 2 inch mast to keep it centered on the pin.  Gravity
holds the whole thing in place.  It has been turning my 5 el 20 on a 48 foot
boom successfully since 1975.

It just slips together and there is no way the mast can turn in the rotator.
I don't think you can break a prop pitch by twisting on the mast, either.
No clamps to slip or bolts to break.  It just works and works and works.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com