[TowerTalk] New York Times article

J. Feustle jfeustle@uoft02.utoledo.edu
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:35:02 -0500

I concur with Roger and Ted: this article is one of the best things to happen to ham radio in quite some time. Linking computers with ham radio was a particularly fortunate thing. I got into--I mean real into, like inside of and messing around with hardware and software--computers probably because of my experiences with ham radio, many of them Heath Kits. Perhaps the hobby can now attract some to follow the other side of the road.

As far as inaccuracies go, 4KW amplifiers are not necessarily a figment of anyone's imagination in northwest Ohio. One unnamed ham I remember just had the pole pig planted outside his house. The corona off of an antenna in a certain 160 meter contest is still part of the local folklore. Maybe that will attract some newcomers too.

73,
Joe, N8JF