[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] FIELD DAY ANTENNAS FOR MI

Lee Buller k0wa@southwind.net
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:10:33 -0600

At 07:42 PM 3/17/98 -0000, you wrote:

>Hmmm, Lee. I'm sure that I'm not sure what you said!
>de KL7HF
>
>----------
>>

>> 1. A double Zepp for 40 and works on 80 really well. Ladder line uses a
>lot
>> of the 100 watts of most rigs.

Rather cryptic?  Ok.  What I like is a Zepp on 40 meters...or what some
people call a double Zepp on 40 which to me is an 80 meter dipole fed with
open line feeder.  The double Zepp on 40 works well on 80 meters as well.
Using the ladder line is very effcient and all the watts coming out of the
rig...go into the antenna.  This antenna has been a great for me on FD.
Easy to put up and it radiates well.

Do I need to stand corrected????

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net