[TowerTalk] 80 M INVERTED L

VE3KKM kmccourt@mail.tbaytel.net
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:43:52 -0800

Hello to all,
Thanks to everyone who replied to my last question on mounting  20M
elements on 40-2cd boom. I think I will put the 20 M beam 10` above the
40 M.

I have just put up a inverted L for 80 M this past weekend. Since i do
not have very tall trees,poles or room, I have mounted it along side my
tower. The spacing is about 3` from tower and the feed point is about 9`
above ground with 10 elevated radials.The vertical section is 36` and
the horizontal section is about 30` ,the horz. end is about 30` high.
Feeding with 50 ohm coax, the lowest swr i can get is 2.4-1 at 3.790
mhz. Also does not seem to receive very well.All signals are very low
compared with dipole.
Do have some interaction from the tower?
Should i increase the spacing?

Would really like to get some input on this, as this is about all I can
get in my back yard.

Thanks,
Kevin