[TowerTalk] WTS(wap) Turbine and constant speed drive for R390A

Bob Duckworth wb4mnf@atl.org
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 17:19:37 -0000

OK, so it's a weird swap.
It's neat though (that's how it came to be here!

Have:   Turbine and constant speed drive.
              AIResearch:
		drive pn CSDS100-24A
                        turbine pn ????? (couldn't find it)

I got this in the sealed pouch the refurb shop put it in after rebuild. I
recently opened the pouch
looking for any documentation  inside. Found an EHR card with matching
serial number
and a notation that the unit had been overhauled and was ready for service.
There was also enough info to learn that it had been associated with a
'starboard' J52
prior to visiting the refurb shop. All tubing is capped. It's on a shipping
fixture.
Inlet, outlet, and mechanical ports are all capped.

Turbine is various stainless steel alloys.
CSD is cast aluminum.
It's about knee high on me.
Weight 65lbs.
Estimated to be 100HP + based on port size and other turbines I've seen.
Stator control, various sensors, etc. all appear to be attached (no empty
places for any of this stuff to connect)
That's about all I've been able to learn about it.

Want:

I'd like  to swap this for an R390A (which I need for another swap :-)
R390A should have meters. Do not need covers but would be nice.
If it was working and isn't now, that's OK, I can fix if it's all there and
physically undamaged. If you've never seen it work, write anyway
as exceptionally clean/complete, non working will cary as much weight as
average condx, working, with meters.

No manual with mine so I don't need one with yours :-)
I ship this you ship that.

I'm in Atlanta so the closer, the better.

QRP guys, field power!
tower guys, rotator motor!
vss, It's from the 60's!
baswap guys, what can I say, it's more impractical but too neat 'O' to
resist stuff.
or use as....
coffee table support?
lamp base?
Bee Smoker?

email or phone but don't phone until Monday!
404-888-0389 (not until Monday)
Photo possible by email after Monday.

-bob
wb4mnf