[TowerTalk] RE: W1JR Yagis in Winter 98 ComQuart

henrypol2@juno.com henrypol2@juno.com
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 14:39:42 EST

For those not wanting to spring for the $9.95 for the Communications
Quarterly issue with this antenna design information; there are other
sources for a similar design.  Check out the item titled "OWA Yagis" on
the <www.contesting.com> web page.  Also, check L.B. Cebik's web page
<funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~cebik/yagi.html> for a 6 meter design titled "2
X 3 = 6".  In addition, I have submitted a 10 meter 6 element version to
NCJ for possible publication.

BTW, I have read W1JR's article and it's good.  Plus there is some more
antenna information in the same issue.

For those looking for this latest Comm. Qtrly. issue, check out your
nearest Ham Radio Outlet.  In my business travels around the country I
always stop by the HRO or AES stores when nearby.  I picked up my last
two copies at the Anaheim HRO in Feb. The last time (3 or 4 yrs ago) I
was at EEB, Vienna, VA, they also had them in stock.  Plus, Comm. Qtrly.
has back issues available for $8.00 each.  L.B. Cebik, W4RNL, has had an
excellent series of articles over the last several years titled "Modeling
and Understanding Small Beams".  These alone are worth $8 each.

Oh, almost forgot, this design does work very well.  I used one fixed
into Europe during the last CQWW SSB and ARRL 10 Meter Contest and worked
every European I could hear.  I now have two more assembled but was
unable to use them during this weekends CQ WPX SSB due to a sore throat.

73,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC

"Trees are not for wire antennas only!"

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]