[TowerTalk] Re: CCRs, antenna restrictions

jfeustle jfeustle@uoft02.utoledo.edu
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:46:15 -0500

Just because no one has recently enforced the restrictions does NOT
necessarily mean that they are no longer vaild and enforceable. I moved
into a CCR neighborhood 11 years ago. I managed to get a KT34A up in the
air only because, thankfully, there was another ham in the same
neighborhood who had a small beam on top of some 25G at his house. I
consulted with my attorney first, though.

Over the years, the "founding fathers (and mothers)" of my CCR group have
moved on to snottier venues, leaving the newer arrivals to do pretty much
what they damn well please. However I encourage no one to assume (don't let
it make an "ass" out of you or "me")that the old CCRs cannot be enforced
just because no one has been doing so. Before putting up that antenna, you
might want to invest in some real legal advice, and, if you're still hell
bent on doing so anyway, you just might want to tour the neighborhood and
make a list of the existing CCR violations visible to the naked eye.
Remember, misery loves company, or, to put it another way, if you're going
to get into a pissing contest, make sure your adversary gets soaked too.

Having said that, and in posession of a full bladder, I'm going to try to
substitute a KT34X for the '34A that I have up when I do my antenna work
later this year.

73,
Joe, N8JF