[TowerTalk] more precip noise

Todd Dravland wd0t@sd.cybernex.net
Sat, 2 May 1998 11:02:46 -0500

I am currently working on a problem with precip static on lowband police radio antennas (39 Mhz) for State of SD.  It was suggested to me by an engineer who is now retired that he used a 1/4 wavelength shorted stub, grounded to the tower leg to eliminate precip static. Place a Tee at the antenna, with feedline coming into one side and 1/4 wave stub out the other, with far end of stub connected to tower leg.  It also worked down at the equipment end.  Certainly worth looking into, and I am going to give that a try and see how it works!  Will let you know.

73, todd
WD0T