[TowerTalk] Re: Quads not as good as Yagis, yeah right, and dogs not as good as cats, BS

Bob Duckworth wb4mnf@atl.org
Mon, 4 May 1998 11:44:19 +0100

I agree with comments on noise and height.
My experience is that a 2 ele 20m quad on a 35' tower(if you can call it
that)
will blow away a 2 ele 20m yagi at the same height.  I'm also of the
opinion
based on listening that the 'very dry day' static and local storm noise are
lower on the quad. THis based on older install with HyGain Quad on 35'
wooden Lattice tower compared to 8JK (is that it) at same height on push up
pole.
Well it's not a Yagi but close enough for comparison.
-bob