[TowerTalk] Simple EHS & Insulator Questions

W7XU Arliss w7xu@dtgnet.com
Tue, 05 May 1998 16:40:04 +0000

Another way to cut EHS is to tape on either side of the spot you want
to cut, then lay the cable across a relatively sharp steel edge and
strike
the cable with a hammer.  It takes only a few blows to cut the cable
strands and/or weaken the cable to the point you can break it by hand.

You do this while wearing eye protection, of course.

I've also used the hand grinder approach, but like bolt cutters best.

73,  Arliss