[TowerTalk] Ginpoles vs. crane SK3GW

Gunnar Widell (ERA) Gunnar.Widell@era.ericsson.se
Wed, 6 May 1998 16:10:35 +0200

Hi,

As mentioned here a couple of days ago, there are a few advantedges of
useing a ginpole to build
your new tower against useing a crane.

At SK3GW we chose the ginpole method.

The advantedges are:

We activate more people in the project, than what would be necessary
with a crane.
The people managing the winch get stronger arms.
It is cheeper than a crane (despite that I cracked a window on my car
when loading the ginpole).
Your feel a lot more happy, when it's over.

The tower we put up is a K-600 by CUE DEE (http://www.cuedee.se) which
is a 60 cm rectangular tower.
The sections are two meters long and the ginpole was specially made for
this type of tower.
We put up 19 sections (a lot of winching!) for 38 meters. That is over
100 ft for you that don't understand the metric system.

To see our result go to the updated pages on:

http://www.qsl.net/sk3gw/

73 de Gus, SM3SGP