[TowerTalk] 4-Square Owners & Experts "& resonant trees..."

Tom Osborne w7why@mail.coos.or.us
Wed, 06 May 1998 20:54:00 -0700

Tom Rauch wrote:

> I suspect that verticals just don't work well when frequency is
> raised much above 80 meters. Anyone else have any thoughts on that??

Hi Tom
I am using 3 verticals on 40 meters and in my opinion, they are killer
antennas.  There are some others here in town that use dipoles and they
blow them away.  In the DX contests, I can usually work the DX stations
with 2 or 3 calls.  I work stations that others in town can't even
hear.  I have an inverted "L" for 160 and it is a pretty good antenna. I
only run 100 watts on that band, so haven't worked that much dx with
it.  But the 40 meter verticals definately work.  They are the best
antenna I have used on 40.  73
Tom W7WHY