[TowerTalk] 4-square owners and experts

KQ3V KQ3V@aol.com
Thu, 7 May 1998 15:34:25 EDT

Bill- I believe your problem with your 4-square may be related to the swr
curve you are seeing on the SW antenna- I have seen this whereby the
180-degree opposite vertical "pulls" the other.  The fact that the SW antenna
shows lowest SWR at the high end and the NE vertical shows the same curve
jives with my experience.  I believe if you can move the SW vertical down in
frequency, both its SWR and the one seen out of your box in the NE position
will be better.  As to why the SW vertical changed, perhaps the new 40 beam is
interacting with the elevated radials on your 4-square?
Good Luck
Bob, KQ3V