[TowerTalk] Yet another Query

Mike no6x@inreach.com
Wed, 13 May 1998 07:07:22 +0000

Yes the dumb kid is thinking again!

Here is my thought.
70 feet Rohn 55 (Housebracketed at 16 feet & guyed at 55 feet)
On top TH7 + 40-2CD
at 40 feet TH7

This would give me a 40/70 stack of TH7's which is supposed to be pretty
good. I am wondering what the difference is between the TH6 and the TH7,
can't find enough info about either one to satisfy me. i.e. how many
elements for each band on each antenna.
I could save myself a ton of bucks if I get a pair of Th6's is the only
reason I ask.
BTW top antennas would likely use Yaesu G800 and bottom antenna would
likely use sometype of swinging gate system.
I figured on this type of system because I figure I should not mess with
success, as similiar systems have worked in the past.
Now can someone tell me the difference between the TH6 and the TH7?
Has anyone ever stacked TH6's or TH7's at 40/70? if so how did they perform?
I think I the tower is enough to support it.
But if, you don't think so please let me know. Any other concerns, please
let me know.
All of this will not go up till later in the fall, but I want to get it all
layed out and get it all right the FIRST time!

OK I think that does it. Please all the info that can be mustered is
appreciated.
Mike...NO6X

"look out 98 CQWW???"

Check out my home page at http://home.inreach.com/no6x