[TowerTalk] Fw: HF9V real maximum ratings

Goran Grubisic @tel.hr
Sat, 16 May 1998 18:32:06 +0100

----------
From: Goran Grubisic <grongo@st.tel.hr>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: HF9V real maximum ratings
Date: 1998. svibanj 08 19:46

I am using Butternut HF9V vertical for some time and it prooves to be very effective
vertical indeed. The only thing confusing me is declared maximum usable power on
30, 17 and 12 meters. Manufacturer declares 250/400/400 W respectively.
It seems strange to me  that on all other bands you can push 1.500 W, while WARC
band are rather discrete.
Coils and capacitors for WARC bands are practically the same as those used on
"high power" bands.
Therefore, before I close my eyes, hold my breath and thrust kW into a forbidden zone,
I would like to hear some comments on this matter by the people who really tried it
before.
I heard the rumours about safe kW operation on WARC, but I am to chicken to risk
because it would take too long to order and get capacitors from USA. Considering that
HF9V is my only antenna, that would take me away for too long.

Looking forward to hear your comments, you courageous people.

73! Gogo- 9A2OO