[TowerTalk] Launching dipoles

LEE ROGER WICAL leewical@lava.net
Mon, 18 May 1998 19:10:50 -0400

HOW ABOUT USING A BOW AND ARROW CONNECTED TO NYLON LINE FROM YOUR FISHING
POLE.
ONE LAYS OUT THE NYLON LINE SEVERAL HUNDRED FEET IN LENGTH TO AVOID SNAGS.

KH6O, BOB JONES, USED TO USE HIS TENNIS RACKET AND A TENNIS BALL INSTEAD OF
THE BOW AND ARROW TO DO THE SAME TO ACHIEVE THE SAME RESULTS.

AFTER THE NYLON LINE IS SECURED OVER THE TREE(S) YOU PULL IN A NYLON ROPE
AND MOUNT A PULLEY AND ANOTHER ROPE TO MOUNT YOUR DIPOLE.

GOOD LUCK, LEE