[TowerTalk] Launching dipoles

Tom Osborne w7why@mail.coos.or.us
Wed, 20 May 1998 07:21:58 -0700

Charles H. Harpole wrote:

> I'll hv u know that I used a 30-30, lever action Winchester carbine.  >So far, no one has phoned in news of dropping bullets, but who knows.  >Ah,the end of the rugged frontiersman!  de K4VUD
> Seriously, I am in a very remote area, but still. . . . . . . .

HI Charles.  For years here in Coos Bay, we celebrated New Years by
firing all sorts of weapons in the air.  Course, most of the time we
didn't know where we were, let alone what we were doing. But I've
always wondered where the heck all those bullets came down.  I'm on a
hill about 400 feet above town.  73
Tom W7WHY