[TowerTalk] 40 Meter Wire Beam Opinions?!?

Landen Stoker KC5QDZ@iamerica.net
Sat, 23 May 1998 17:54:50 -0500

Well now that I have my 10 - 20 up and operational, I am starting to
think about getting some stuff on 40 & 80. Last Field Day a friend and I
erected a 2 element inverted v wire beam. It seemed to work well, but
There was no way we could get any good test results on it. I know people
have been successful putting up wire beams in the past, I was wondering
if any of you antenna experts with more years experience than I could
give some suggestions. What is the overall opinion of doing this with
inverted vee elements? Does it still function like a beam with v
elements or does it tend to be a  complete waste of time? Second
question how far down the tower would be a good place to mount the 80
dipole so either of them  will not effect the other. Any and all
suggestions would be gladly accepted and much appreciated.
Thanks and 73
Landen KC5QDZ@IAMERICA.NET