[TowerTalk] US Tower MA550

K3AIR K3AIR@aol.com
Mon, 25 May 1998 18:39:47 EDT

<<
 My US Tower is my prode and joy and I have always had good response from
 them whenever I've needed help or information.

 Their reluctance to provide the recabling information the other gentleman
 requested could very well be based upon liability issues relating to a
 second-hand owner of unknown skill recabling a tower of unknown age and
 condition.   Their (lack of) response could have been dictated by their
 lawyers, not by any desire not to be helpful.

I'm glad they've been good to you.  They certainly didn't want to help me at
all.
As far as liability issues, I'd worry a lot more about someone without proper
instructions trying to put one of these up and really getting hurt...that
would
be a great product liability case for some hotshot lawyer.  I'm sure a great
case could be made in that event, particularly since the manufacturer
wouldn't even recommend a safe way to do it, even though I'm willing to buy
new cable and misc. hardware (which is just common sense anyhow).

One thing for sure - I'll never purchase another US Tower product, nor will
I recommend them to anyone.

73, Mike K3AIR